Sunday, July 13, 2014

Golden Wheat

Day 194/365
I have wanted to take some pictures of this wheat field for a couple of weeks and tonight the conditions were just right: the wheat is almost ripe, a beautiful sunset, little to no wind, and I had time to sneak away before the kiddos were in bed. As I was crouching at the edge of the field, snapping away, I kept hearing a rustling sound. I started to get a little nervous, thinking some kind of critter was going to accidentally jump into my lap. I looked up and saw a deer walking slowly towards me through the wheat! Since I was down so low, it had no idea I was there. I watched it for a few beats, then I tried to take a picture without being seen, but I spooked it and it took off through the field. It was such an amazing moment, watching this lovely creature in secret, and I continued to marvel at its grace and beauty as I drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment