Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Self-Portrait I

Day 56/366
I'm going to be honest... I am so much better at working behind the camera than in front of it! I decided to take a self portrait for today's picture and I pretty much immediately regretted it. The process of taking the picture is a bit of work, but I had my trusty assistant with me who helped with hanging lights in our old shed, removing junk from the background and being my stand in while trying to achieve focus. I'm not sure what it is about posting pictures of myself, but I really don't like it. It makes me feel kind of squeamish and uncomfortable... but it's also really good for me. So, I'm being brave and I'm posting this picture today. There are lots of things that I don't love about it, but in the end I can say I don't hate it. Ha! In an effort to desensitize myself to this irrational fear of self portraits, I'm hoping to do more of these. ;) Maybe, with practice, I'll become more comfortable being in front of the camera and can get creative with self-portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment