Friday, April 10, 2020

Good Friday

Day 101/366
Today we celebrated Good Friday, even if it wasn't quite the way we had planned. We watched our church service online and participated in communion, along with those watching the service. It was comforting to still hold some of our traditions, even though we're at home.

I had the idea for this picture a couple of months ago, long before Covid-19 and sheltering in place became our reality. One evening I was driving by the church in Mount Vernon and I noticed that the cross above the altar was lit at night and you could easily see it glowing through the doors. I tucked that away for a future picture, thinking that it would be interesting to take a picture of the cross through the glass doors. Fast forward to Holy week 2020 and I knew this picture would be the perfect documentation of worship during this time when we are unable to physically meet together as the body of believers. My faint reflection in the glass is a wonderful reminder of why we celebrate Easter! My sins have been redeemed through Christ's sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment