Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Posed Vs. Candid Portraits

Dau 91/365
I love taking beautiful pictures of my kids, and that often means placing them in a location of my design and asking for a specific kind of expression. This is exactly how the first photo of today's post came about. And I do love this picture of my sweet girl, there's no doubt about it.

I often forget, however, the power of a candid shot. I have come to cherish some of my "unplanned" photos the most. I picked up my camera while the kids were finishing dinner and I stole some shots while Enavi was concentrating on the dinner time conversation. I love her natural expression and obvious focus on her brother's story. Yes, my table is messy, but this is what dinner really looks like at our house! Both of these pictures are beautiful to me, but in completely different ways. This serves as a reminder to me to not get so lost in the search for the perfect portrait that I forget the importance of capturing real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment