Monday, January 6, 2014

Blowing Ice Bubbles

Day 6/365
It is extremely cold outside - so cold, in fact, that we were able to blow bubbles and they actually FROZE. All of the local schools and several businesses were closed today. We still completed our homeschool subjects (much to the disappointment of my children), but when I brought out the bubbles for a science experiment, they got pretty excited. We didn't spend more than 3 minutes outside at a time - we blew bubbles and the solution started to freeze in the container, so we headed inside to thaw out the bubbles and our extremities. We went outside three times total - a very fun science activity for a super cold day. I asked the kids if they wanted to go out one more time so that I could blow the bubbles and they could try catching them. My son replied, "No way! I am not going outside again today!" Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment