Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Self Portraits are Scary!

Day 8/365
I decided to attempt taking a self portrait today, and it gives me butterflies in my tummy to even think about posting it. This year is about learning about photography and sharing my photos, so I'm going to be brave and bold and share this shot of me. It is really hard to take a flattering picture of yourself, or maybe it's just me? I love to take beautiful pictures of others, but have rarely had pictures taken of me that I have liked. I guess I am my own worst critic. As I was working through the editing of this photo, one of my favorite Bible verses kept humming through my brain: "The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7) It made me stop and think, reminding me that I am a beautiful creation in Christ. I may not always feel that way, but that is how the Lord sees me each and every day. How's that for a dose of courage?

No comments:

Post a Comment