Thursday, January 30, 2014

Knit and Sip

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."Psalm 139:13-14

Day 30/365
On Thursday afternoons the kids attend art and music classes at a local homeschooling coop. That means I have 1 1/2 hours to myself. Sometimes I run errands or stop at the grocery store, but my absolute favorite thing to do on Thursday afternoons is to visit The Sow's Ear, a local yarn and coffee shop that just happens to be right next to the church where the kiddos have their classes. I did make a quick run to the grocery store today, but had plenty of time left to stop in and browse through their wonderful selection of yarns. There were so many lovely colors, weights and textures.... oh, the joy of shelves upon shelves of glorious yarn! I also enjoyed a chai latte and accomplished some knitting on a project I've been working on. It was a wonderful way to spend a snowy afternoon. The Bible verse above is another one of my favorites and I often think of it when I'm knitting or crocheting. I love this picture of how our Heavenly Father carefully, delicately and deliberately created each and every one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment